Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's As Cold As Ice

I'm pretty sure it rained ice last night. My car door was frozen shut this morning. It took about 40 minutes for me to get my car door open and enough ice off of my windshield so I could drive to work. My windshield wiper had a block of ice on it that I tried to break off, but it wasn't happening so I drove to work with close to zero visibility. But, God is good, and I arrived safely. I still don't have any sick/personal days and I missed almost 2 full days last week due to illness so I can't afford to miss anymore. I drove 20 to 30 MPH all the way and it only took 1 hour and 5 minutes. Is all this really worth it just to have enough money to pay bills and buy food. When the month is gone, so is the money. I got to work at 8:45 and was the first to arrive - not only in the office where I work, but on the entire floor. I was starving so I went to the cafe to get a bowl of hot oatmeal, but the cafe was closed also. People finally started showing up around 10:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment